Friday, May 17, 2013

Bird House and Mews begin

Since I will be building my mews on the existing concrete pad, I wanted to prep the concrete so that it won't absorb moisture. I power washed the concrete until it was very clean, then I gave it a couple coats of epoxy garage floor sealant.
I'm putting it on the north side of my house to keep it as cool as possible in the summer.

I also just had a shed built, and I figured it would cost less to have them add 4 feet versus building a separate structure. It's now 10'x14', and I'll use the last 4 feet for a coop for about 20 pigeons on one side and the other side for starlings and sparrows. I'm planning on several vents on each side and a 2'x3' windows in each enclosure that will have a hinged cover for colder weather.

I already sealed the floor with some left over epoxy sealant.

Here's what ten tons of gravel look like on a playground.

You can see the board marking off the last 4 feet of the shed. My dad is pointing it out. Don't worry, I finished by adding a couple more feet of gravel on this west side.

You can also see the doors, window frames, and bars for my mews.

No comments:

Post a Comment